Well, this is quite exciting! I recieved a nomination for a Liebster Award! I'd like to thank Lisa from Lisalovesmakeup87 for nominating my blog, I really appreciate it and it made me really happy! :')
From what I've learned the Liebster Award is an award (obviously) that goes around the blogging community and is given to bloggers with under two hundred followers. It's a great way to recognize some of the great smaller bloggers there are, and to get to know them as well! Us small bloggers need love too, right? So, I'm grateful to have gotten a nomination!
Alright, these are the rules for the Liebster Award:
1. Each blogger should answer the questions the tagger has set for you.
2. Choose 11 new bloggers to pass the award onto and link them in your post.
3. Create 11 new questions for the chosen bloggers.
4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
5. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
6. No tag-backs!
So, here are my answers to Lisa's questions!
1. What is one show that you watch but are too ashamed to admit? It's fine if you say Keeping Up With The Kardashians. LOL
This is kinda hard since I really don't watch that much TV! Perhaps Big Brother Canada? It's always being compared to BBUS and has gotten some negativity and such but I like it!
2. If you could do one thing that completes or fulfills your life, what would it be?
Ah, I'm not sure! Maybe visit the Phillipines, where my dad is from!
3. What is your favorite thing about makeup?
Well, it's fun! I won't get much further into that answer or we may be here a while!
4. Flats, wedges, sneakers, heels, or boots? If you had to wear one type of shoe for the whole year (without them hurting your feet), what would it be?
I love my wedges but I wouldn't be able to wear those during the winter with all the snow here, so I'll go with boots! There are tons of different cute boots and you can wear them all year round!
5. Edward or Jacob?
Neither! Stefan Salvatore, please! (I'm a Vampire Diaries girl, no Twilight for me!)
6. What's your idea of a perfect, romantic date?
Don't judge me alright?! It would be to stay in and order food, play video games, watch movies, and cuddle :'3
7. What's your favorite drugstore brand?
Hmm.. It would probably be Revlon for face and lip products and Maybelline for eyes!
8. What are your short-term plans?
Right now it's just to finish up with school, really!
9. What is one thing you wish you had known about makeup sooner?
Oh, goodness. That racoon eyes are never a good look.. That there can be such a thing as too much liner.. When I look back at myself when I first started using makeup I just want to take the liner away from her!
10. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring one thing with you (no cellphones please), what would it be?
She's not a thing, but I would bring my best friend Megan! Is that answer allowed? Anyway, she's a smart cookie so she would help us to survive and be rescued!
11. If you could travel anywhere in the world for free, where would you go?
Either the Phillipines or Japan!
Now for eleven random facts about myself.. Let's see..
1. I have six cats! I have a boy named Oliver, a boy named Spike and his sister Lola, and a girl named Sophie and her two daughters Smudge and Miwa. I'm a crazy cat lady and I embrace that, haha.
2. My mom is caucasian and my dad is Filipino, which makes me half Filipina! I get questions about my heritage from time to time so there you go!
3. I like anime and I also like video games but I'm by no means a gamer! I enjoy RPGs like Kingdom Hearts or The Legend of Zelda! (I'm also good at Mario Kart and Wii bowling, hehe)
4. I'm actually homeschooled. I've suffered with depression before, and I have anxiety. I was a bit afraid of starting this blog because of that but I'm very glad that I did! :)
5. I don't like vegetables, but I really wish that I did! I only like potatoes and corn, really.. I can do onions but I'd rather not and I'll only have cabbage and carrots if they're in a spring roll..!
6. I don't mean to brag but I do make the best homemade spring rolls ever.. ;)
7. I haaaate milk. It's yucky and I haven't touched it since I was a baby.
8. I was attacked by a dog in 2004.. and almost died, yikes! I have a big scar on the back of my head and by my ear and that's one of the reasons I don't like when people play with my hair. It makes me a bit uncomfortable and self-concious.
9. My favorite food is anything my dad makes!!
10. More cat-ness! If something has cats you can bet that I'll most likely buy it! I have cat earrings, cat headbands, cat rings, cat shirts and sweaters, cat shorts, cat skirts, cat shaped cosmetics (see here and here), a cat shaped purse, a cat clothes hanger.. You get the picture!
11. Hmm.. I love Supernatural and The Walking Dead even though they hurt my soul and make me cry, haha.
Now for the eleven bloggers that I want to pass the Liebster Award onto.. A lot of blogs I follow have more then 200 followers so it was a bit tough to come up with them but these are blogs that I like and think deserve some more recognition! Some I've read for a while and some I've just recently come across so here they are:
1. Kadie Lee @ Makeup Is Rad!
2. Carly @ The Science of Chic
3. Nhi @ Sincerely Blushaholic
4. Nicole @ Proud Product Junkie
5. Melissa @ Melissa's Makeup Musing
6. Jess @ Monkey Toes and Manicures
7. Ellie @ Ethereal Ellie
8. Hannah @ Shooting Stars and a Bit of Shimmer
9. Viviani @ Owlery Owl
10. Anjali @ To Read on Rainy Days
11. Ellen @ Elle Bella Beauty
And here are my eleven questions for them:
1. What makeup product do you have a weakness for? (Ex. blush, lipsticks, mascaras)
2. What's your favorite season?
3. What's your favorite song right now?
4. If you had to go on a reality show, which would it be?
5. What's your favorite movie genre?
6. What's the last book you read?
7. Are you a cat person or a dog person?
8. What's one food that you hate?
9. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
10. Do you have any pets?
11. Do you make a lot of impulse purchases?
Phew! I apologize for the length of this post but hopefully you learned a bit about me and can find some new bloggers to check out! :)